Friday, July 9, 2010

Week 6 Blog

As of now in this class, we are currently working on a group project. I have never been a fan of group projects, and being that this is an online class, group projects are even harder to coordinate and complete. In a regular classroom setting, you must attend at a particular time. This makes group work far more accessible because it is being done in a classroom at a set time that all people are agreeing to be present. In an online class situation, people are taking an online class because they do not want to be constricted to a class time and structure. Because of this, having group work becomes very difficult since everyone is on different schedules and do not have the comfort of semi-knowing each other from a classroom setting. With this said, I feel this project is not taking complete fruition as I would like it to. I am not a leader by nature, as I do not want to step on anyone's toes, or cross a boundary and tell people what to do. So by my nature alone, I have kind of set back and let others decide project decisions, conference times, etc.
Our proposal is to teach students how to make a cover letter and resume that will be effective for their job search and qualifications. This is a very important part of the employment process, especially for those seeking jobs online, which is where a vast majority of jobs can be found today. Having a quality cover letter that introduces yourself and your intentions with the company are a great way to get the employer to want to look further into your resume. As far as work progress, our group has created the proposal to submit to the teacher. Our proposal outlines exactly what we are intending to do and our schedule for all of the work we want to accomplish. We have yet to have our group skype conference, nor do I know when this conference is supposed to take place. Hopefully I will hear soon.
My main concerns with this project are communication, which is an integral part of this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment